Visit Lauderdale was recently recognized for its outstanding marketing strategies and campaigns with six Flagler Awards at the Florida Governor’s Conference on Tourism at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando. The selection committees choose leaders from across Florida’s tourism industry to receive these awards annually, with the awards open to all individuals, private businesses, and nonprofit organizations that promote tourism to or within Florida.
A panel of 13 judges evaluated each entry independently to assess its creativity, innovation, production quality and effectiveness. The judges’ cumulative scores determined the winners in each category. The top three entries in each category received awards, with the Bronze Award going to the third-highest-scoring entry, the Silver Award to the second-highest-scoring entry, and the coveted Henry Award to the highest-scoring entry in each category.
Visit Lauderdale received two Henry Awards, three Silver Awards, and a Bronze Award in the following categories:
- Mixed Media Campaign Henry: Visit Lauderdale for “Welcome”
- Print Advertising Silver: Visit Lauderdale for “Welcome”
- Resource/Promotional Material-Trade Silver: Visit Lauderdale for the “Everyone Under the Sun” Trade Show Display Social Media
- Marketing Silver: Visit Lauderdale for “Visit Lauderdale’s Old Florida Book Shop”
- Special Event Bronze: Visit Lauderdale for “The Next Wave of Greatness” Television Advertising Henry: Visit Lauderdale for “Welcome”
“We are humbled to receive such meaningful accolades from our industry peers and gratified that our creative campaigns truly reflect who we are and shows how special Greater Fort Lauderdale is in every
bold, beautiful and surprising way,” Stacy Ritter says, president and CEO of Visit Lauderdale. “Our diversity is our strength, and we continue to proudly and loudly tell this story to the world.”
For additional information on this year’s Governor’s Conference on Tourism and the Flagler Awards, visit Flaglerawards.secure-platform.com/a